Viewing the KBA Website
Tuesday, December 1, 2015
The internet is changing and this may affect how you view the KBA website! Over the next few weeks, our software provider is preparing for a change in security that affects all of the major browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari). This change may only affect a small number of you, but we want to make sure that you are aware and ready.
If your device (computer, tablet, laptop, etc.) does not load the KBA website, you can follow these directions to make everything work again:
If you are using Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari (on OS X 10.9 or later): You should not have to update any of your settings, however, if you are receiving any security errors, we would recommend updating your internet browser to the most recent version that is offered.
If you are using Internet Explorer 7, 8, or 9 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Safari (on OS X 10.8 or earlier): These browsers do not support modern security methods. We would recommend that you download another internet browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox.
If you are using Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10 on Windows 7 or Windows 8: These browsers do support modern security methods, however, they are disabled by default. In order to enable the settings, please follow these instructions:
From your computer's desktop:
- Click on the "Start Menu" button.
- In the search box, type in "Internet Options" (this may look slightly different in Windows 8, however, the steps are essentially the same).
- This will open the "Internet Properties" window, in the upper right hand corner, click on the "Advanced" menu tab.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings menu.
- Locate the "Use TLS 1.1" and "Use TLS 1.2" options and make sure that they are checked. The "Use SSL 2.0" and "Use SSL 3.0" can be unchecked as they are outdated security methods.
- Click the "OK" button to save your settings.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 502-564-3795.