Expense Reimbursement Policy
In conducting official business for, or when engaged in the representation of, the Kentucky Bar Association, expenses for ordinary, necessary and reasonable expenses for travel, meals, and lodging will be reimbursed. All individuals seeking reimbursement should endeavor to spend moderately. Expenses of a personal nature will not be reimbursed.
Instructions for Requesting Reimbursement
To receive reimbursement in a timely fashion, please print and complete the Expense Reimbursement Form. Prior to completing the form, please review the guidelines below.
- ALL expense reimbursement requests must include a detailed receipt corresponding to the item on the expense form.
- Credit card receipts will not be considered a valid receipt for reimbursement unless it provides detailed information about the purchase. Please provide the original invoice or receipt along with a credit card receipt.
- Expense reimbursement vouchers must be submitted within 60 days of the date the expense was incurred or within 15 days after fiscal year end (June 30) whichever comes first.
- Alcohol is a non-reimbursable expense. Please subtract any alcohol charges along with applicable sales tax and tip when when submitting meal receipts.
- Mileage reimbursement for private motor vehicle use on official KBA business shall be paid the rate paid to the employees of the Administrative Office of the Courts. The mileage rate is currently 39 cents per mile.
- If lodging is requested, please contact your KBA staff contact in advance for lodging arrangements.
Contact our Staff Accountant
502.564.3795 ext. 272