- If you have a complaint against more than one attorney, use a SEPARATE complaint form for each attorney, with the details and relevant exhibits attached to each separate complaint.
- If you are filing more than one complaint, do not combine your complaint details or your exhibits into one document, or make a specific comment about a complaint filed against another attorney, or it will be returned to you.
- We will not accept complaints against law firms.
- Send your complaint with an original notarized signature. We will not accept a copy of your signature.
- State specifically, on each individual complaint, what the attorney did or failed to do which you believe constitutes unethical conduct.
- Provide the names, addresses, and phone numbers of witnesses.
- Attach COPIES of any receipts, contracts, or other documents which are important to the complaint, to the back of each individual complaint. Keep your own original documents.
- Please do not bind your complaint. Type or write your complaint legibly in black ink so it can be copied.
- You may add more pages to the form if necessary.
- If you believe that drugs, alcohol or mental disability affected the lawyer’s representation, please state what facts support your belief.
- Kentucky Supreme Court Rule 3.150 provides that this matter is confidential at this stage of the proceedings, until the Inquiry Commission or its Chair has acted.
- The Kentucky Bar Association does not represent you in this matter but acts to investigate complaints on behalf of the Kentucky Supreme Court.