Accreditation of Programs
The Kentucky Bar Association does not accredit or approve providers of CLE. The CLE Commission must accredit each program for which an attorney may receive CLE credit. In order to qualify as CLE in Kentucky, an activity must meet the standards set forth in Supreme Court Rule 3.650.
Use Form 1, Application for Accreditation, to apply for accreditation of all programs
You may not refer to a program as accredited until you receive notice that the program has been reviewed and approved by CLE staff. If you have applied for accreditation, but have not received such notice, you may refer to its accreditation status as “pending.”
- $20 for programs 2 hours or less in length
- $50 for programs for programs longer than 2 hours
- If the sponsor application is received less than 30 days in advance of the program, the fee is doubled to $40 or $100, respectively.
Other Requirements for Application
- Time specific agenda
- Short bios of the presenters
- Brief description of written materials made available to attendees at the time of the program
Other Sponsor Requirements
- Permit CLE Commission members and staff to monitor the program without payment of registration fees.
- Use the activity code provided by CLE staff whenever referencing the program.
- Collect reporting forms from Kentucky attorneys and submit them to CLE staff within 30 days of the program. Providers/sponsors will be charged a late submission fee of $10 for each form submitted beyond 30. For programs held during June, all forms must be received by July 10th, or will be subject to the $10 late fee per form.